Tuesday, September 2, 2014

TO THE LIGHT or, “three men in a tub”



TO THE LIGHT
Or, “three men in a tub”  (CB, AD, MP)

CB – “Look!  There’s a light over there!?”

AD – “Agh!  Who puked without leaning over the side?  And, just shut up!  We’re hopelessly lost and we’re gonna die out here.  No help is coming.”


WP – “Hey, you two, lighten up.  This is better than any ride 6-Flags has!  But whoever packed this life raft should have thrown in a few six packs!”

CB – “No, seriously!  I saw a flash of light over there.  Help me paddle…”

AD – “Damn it, be quiet.  I just want to sleep.  Maybe I’ll wake up and this nightmare will be over?!  So, be quiet!”

CB – “Never mind, AD.  But, will you help me, WP?  Let’s try to get to that light.  Look, there it is again!”

WP – “CB, I think you are dreaming.  AD is right.  Just relax and enjoy the ride.”

AD – “We have been lost in this storm for days.  But, ‘life’s a storm, then you drown!’  CB, there’s you a sermon.”

CB – “Do y’all think that is a lighthouse or a ship?!  There it is again.”

WP&AD – “We don’t see anything…”

CB – “That’s because you are not looking!”  (to himself) “… do I try to swim it, or paddle alone?”

No comments: