Thursday, December 26, 2013

K.O.’d?!



K.O.’d?!

                If you “knock-out game” me but I get up with a .38 and shoot you and your pack of thugs, then who really wins?!  It is a sad day when targeting the elderly becomes a thrill game.  Some punk sucker-punches some innocent senior oblivious to the threat, and feels as if he is something.  What is wrong with us?!  I was researching this cultural phenomenon and ran into a story about a 60-something widow being knocked down, but not out, by such a group, who then rolled over pulling a pistol out of her bag.  She had been mugged one time too many!  She got up and they went down.

                “The last-man-standing” is a WWE contest.  Several wrestlers are put into a caged arena.  They go at it with no rules and no holds barred.  In the end, one man, who refuses to stay down, is declared the winner.  You lose only if stay down.  Bloodied, dizzy warriors keep getting up to their feet and trudging back into the fray.

                There is a scene in the movie, “Gandhi,”  where the local protesters, at a British salt plant, in rows of 4-5, column after column, in determined, passive resistance, get the crap beat out of them; but, the next row steps up to take their beating.  Eventually the guards, in shame and embarrassment, quit caning them.  And, later, the British peacefully left India!

                “Saul, get and go to town… I will tell you what I have for you to do!”  “Peter, do you love me?  Go feed my sheep!”  You fail only if you stay down.

                There has been a cosmic cat fight!  The “roaring lion” and “the Lion of Judah” tied up with fur flying and blood running.  Down went the Lion of Judah.  For three days Hell roared in victory.  But, the L.J. eye opened; his ear perked up; a guttural growl moaned from his cold throat.  Then, he rolled up on his paws, looked around with a contemptuous glare, and let out a roar that sent scrambling for cover all the minions of darkness.

                And, I will get back up!  When I fail, I will get back up.  When my body, at last fails, I will get back up.  Death will not get the last word!  Get back up!

No comments: