Friday, February 14, 2020

THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE

(happy Valentine's Day, MC)

So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Genesis 2:21‭-‬24 ESV

It was noticed, "Nobody for the man ..."
Surely, this is not the ideal plan?!
Provide a remedy for this, "I surely can!"
And this is how romance, amour began!

Named all the beasts from all the world wide.
But sitting alone, the silence, I cannot abide.
My rib is gone! There's a pain in my side?!
No longer alone; naked? where can we hide?

Laughing, in the garden, together we play.
Never an option, from Him we would stray?
Then came the Snake; lies he did say!
"Take a bite; there's no need to obey ..."

Together we wander, somewhere east of the gate.
The thorns, the pain, the heat are our cursed fate.
To our garden, will we ever return? Or, is it too late?
Let's stick together! Forever, you are my mate!

Through the darkness and in the cold,
At least we have each other to hold!
He blessed us with, at least this, in days of old.
There's a refuge ahead, or so it is told.

Towards the light on that far away hill,
Hold my hand! Make it there we will!
Look into my eyes, hope, the love will instill.
Together, what one lacks, the other will fill.

A song will again resound from our redeemed voice!
Hold my hand, onward together, the only sound choice,
By and by in paradise we will dance and rejoice.
Our cups filled with heavenly nectar, together we'll hoist!






No comments: