Saturday, February 15, 2020

GETTING OLD

What does it really mean to be old?
Getting grumpy, grizzly, and gray, I am told!
The clock is ticking and the minutes have been sold.
Looking back, let's summarize, if we may be so bold.

Babies are sweet, but kids not so much.
I'm starting to limp, I may need a crutch.
I'd like to play games but I'm losing my touch.
My teeth will now barely let me munch!

The Thief, he breaks in, joy to steal.
The Liar, he comes, only to kill.
But, I know the Shepherd, keeps me He will.
All for my good, this I know, I solidly feel!

Friends that I've known have already gone.
Plans that I've made will never get done?
Time is a liar, a cheat, and a con.
Night is coming fast, but then it will be Dawn!

A better place is coming or so I have heard.
A new body, forever young, so says the Word.
Soon this will be over, such I have pondered.
How glorious will it be?! this I have wondered!

I want to hear those angels sing!
Around, and above him on fiery wing.
Not all I know, but this I'm figuring,
We will be there, beholding the King!







No comments: