Sunday, September 17, 2017

CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND IT



CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND IT


I sit here, in my darkly lit sunroom, since it is an overcast, Saturday morning.  The digging about the history quotation heard at work was fruitless.  So, I muse over knowledge, and its limits.



I once ambitiously thought to master history, theology, philosophy.  Earlier I had climbed to the peak of mathematics, science, and other high school subjects.  Now, as an old man, I begin to wonder what is really rock solid.



The revisions and twists of history confuse me.  The divisions and contradictions of theology leave me wondering.  And, the philosophers begin to sound as if they just enjoy listening to themselves.



Jesus is the Rock.  I may never get my head around even Him; but, may He dwell in my heart.  He is the only one that makes sense.  Even though I do not completely understand, I am convinced that He is Truth, even, the Truth.  He is the Way.  He is the Life.

No comments: