Monday, August 29, 2016

GRIEF AIDS




GRIEF AIDS

 1.     Dwell.  I will dwell on the loss.  Grieving is good, natural, helpful.  To deny the loss is dishonest and disruptive and destructive to the normalization of my life.

 2.     Deadline.  I will allow myself to grieve, but not forever.

 3.     Discuss.  I will talk, verbalize, get it out of my system.  Catharsis.

 4.     Deliverance.  I will cry to God for deliverance from this pit of pity.

 5.     Distractions.  I will allow myself to think about and do other things besides dwell on my loss.  The lost-one would want such?!  It is not disrespectful, nor dishonoring.

 6.     Disarm.  I will disarm the arguments of the Snake that would try to ensnare me in guilt and depression.  I will go to my Father and get the aid and antidote that I need.

 7.     Double-up.  I will not try to go this alone; but, I will seek out helpers, fellow-strugglers, comrades. “… a two-strand cord is not easily broken; three-strands even better…”  Common to us all is trouble.

 8.     Depend.  I will call upon the Spirit of God to get me through this.  I am not an independent, lone-wolf.  I cannot get through this alone.

 9.     Direct.  I will direct my thoughts to things above, to positive things, to blessings – thankful for what is, for the good that is, not angry for what I think should be, but is lacking.  Depression comes from drifting into dark thoughts.

10.    Duty.  I will go about my duties, my routine, my daily responsibilities, finding in them normalcy and healing.

11.             

No comments: