Saturday, October 18, 2014

BOY SCOUT POPCORN



BOY SCOUT POPCORN

                I dropped her off at the door and I went to the gas pumps to fill up the CRV.  I was not really multi-tasking; I was avoiding, evading, … I just did not want to be bothered to  buy some over-priced popcorn, twice the price as the GV popcorn inside the store!



                I am sitting about 15 spaces from the “hawker” scouts, watching them raise money for their group.  But, I know that scout leader and his son.   “Why is he doing this …?” is my question!  What is he trying to accomplish?  (why am I writing this?!)  This is a man who has his boys on weekends, at best.  His wife ran off with his co-worker that they befriended and housed during a rough spot in his life.



                This man is trying his best to keep it together, spending time with his boys, however he can, teaching them how a true man acts?!  His wife may be a trollop.  His friend may have betrayed him on the deepest level.  His co-workers may whisper and glance away from him.  But, he keeps on.  He is showing his boys – the world is not totally dark!



                I might have shot him, the “other guy.”  As for his wife, I am thinking “Hosea and Gomer”?!  I need to respond to life with faith, and with hope, and with love.  That scoutmaster is teaching this disciple!




                Well, let’s go home and watch Bama play ball while we munch our popcorn!  "Roll, Tide, Roll"


No comments: