Saturday, February 1, 2014

SECOND THOUGHTS



SECOND THOUGHTS

                “Why in the Hell did I do this?!”  Many are the times I have asked myself this.  It seems that most of those around me never give it a thought.  They seem to enjoy the mayhem.  They laugh as we suck them into the mire.  The looks on their faces as they sink away, it delights the others.


                Oh, the lies we whisper to them --  “He does not see” “He does not care” “The bad are better off…”  Here’s a really good one – “even Solomon took a walk on the wild side…”  (He was the wisest fool we ever deceived!)  They think that the small voice they should ignore is in their head.  WE are in their head!


                But, the little worms come up with some whoppers!  A few of their own lies are better than our standard list.  So, we just use them too!  “I’m worth it”  “I’m better than that” (gotta be careful with that one)  One of the best – “They are just (fill in the blank)”  We get all kinds of darkness out of that one.


                Somehow it seems fair, maybe, that the sons of Adam should get a second chance.  We were there, with Him, and then rose up only to be cast down.  Most still believe in our cause.  I am having my doubts.  When I look at their shriveled souls, growing dark and cold, I feel like I am looking in a mirror.  Did we err?  Were we deceived? (I must keep these thoughts to myself!)


                We were the “glorious ones” the “fiery ones”?!  Now, what are we?  Outcasts.  Rebels.  Liars.  We live in “the Pit” “the unseen place” “outer darkness”  I am beginning to have regrets.


No comments: