Sunday, July 23, 2023

SMALL BLESSINGS













Often, He smiles, winks, motions with a finger, whispers, ...

Far too often, we are too dull or distracted or detoured to notice. 

The problem for us is that we become angry or ungrateful or profane. Instead of a TYG, we utter a GD?! 

For example, while leaning over to pick up a large potted fig tree, a dead, sharp branch poked me in the head and scratched up my forehead. "Thank you, Jesus!" was my response. You see, it had missed my eye! How often I've heard "GD" come out the mouth of others over similar mishaps?!

Another?! My wife screamed and I ran from the other end of the house, only to find out that a mouse had been in the garbage can. It spooked her! My first thought was "great, now I have to deal with a mouse ...". This was in a new house into which we were moving. But imagine my amazement when I walked past the dryer vent outside the house?! No dryer installed yet. Open vent hole. Six inches from ground level! I thought "thank you Jesus for sending the mouse to warn of a snake possibly getting in the house!". (temporary duct tape to the rescue!)


Small blessings! Pay attention. 😇








No comments: