Friday, July 31, 2020

HUNGRY

At work, we sat around a circle of tables waiting on the group leader. He walked in and his first question was "what are y'all hungry for?"

As he looked around the room he got different responses: "hamburgers" "fried Chicken" "pizza" ...

He looked at me and I paused and said ...
I'm hungry for family time.
I'm hungry for vacation travel.
I'm hungry for peace and quiet.

Then, after a pause, I added, "I am hungry for righteousness! I want to be doing the right thing. I want to be on the straight and narrow path. I want to be going towards the light. ..."

After another pause, I added, "I'm hungry to hear Him say 'well done good and faithful servant' ... that's what I am hungry for!"

Then I woke up and looked at the alarm clock to see if I had overslept. I had a few minutes the wait for the alarm to buzz.  I have the rest of my life to be thinking about this dream?!


No comments: