Tuesday, May 19, 2020

ALONE




Maybe it is the social distancing?!
Maybe it is moreso soul-mate missing?!
A longing to understand and to be understood?!
For man to be alone, He said, "it is not good"!

Where are my kind? Those who are like me?
Maybe I'm the problem?! What else could it be?
All around is so much noise, so much dirt!
For some unknown my heart does quietly hurt.

Looking around, I think maybe this is a friend?!
But he's but a pig trampling pearls in the end.
Alone, to a dark, hidden cave I then quietly retreat.
With closed eyes staring into the void, You I'd meet?!

Today, my cellphone I left on the kitchen counter.
You alone are there, I await some mysterious encounter?!
In walks an "unlikely" but angels are "entertained unaware"?!
We break the "Bread of Life" and enjoy heavenly fare!

So, alone, I will wait, for Your timely, heavenly Breeze.
You ever know best, so whatever You please!
A lone wildflower in the workplace grime and slag?!
A lonesome dove, overlooking the this industrial gulag.

You will never leave nor forsake me!




No comments: