Thursday, June 13, 2019

The Ides of Jesus

I'd with You always and ever be.

Hide me safely beneath Your wing.

Abide with me even through the valley.

Lied have I, so often, about nearly everything.



Denied You and cursed and sworn "not known".

Cried, did I, weeping over such failure.

Died, on that Cross, despite being left all alone.

Wide, spread they Your arms, Your love is so sure!



Side, was pierced,  life giving blood flowing down.

Tried, did I, to follow, loyal to the death?!

Shyed, away, shrinking, and slipping around.

Spied, piercing glance, me cowardly, holding my breath.



Bride of the Son, all dressed in white?!

Dryed, are all my tears, gone is the "damn".

Fried, would have been, for me, the old Snake's spite.

Vied for my soul, the Shepherd sought this lamb!



Pryed from the grip of all the hissing fiends of Hell.

Ride on to glory; ever let loud praises to His name swell!



No comments: