Saturday, June 22, 2019

THE HOWL OR THE HORN


Distracted and distraught, detoured into the darkness, in the distance can be heard a deep, gutteral growl.  They are out there, howling in the night.  One can almost see their fire red, glowing eyes.  When the wind is wrong, if you know what to sense, you can almost smell their foul odor.




Are they tracking me? Or, are they herding me into a dead end alley?  Or, are they baiting me into some pit?  They are hard to predict!  But, they are there!

Some are drawn to their cruel caterwauling.  Many let morbid curiousity lure them away, never to be seen again.  A few come back, mauled and mangled, with fear forever deep in their eyes.

It is bad enough that I have gotten myself into this predicament.  But, there are others following me!  Where did I make a misstep?  Where did I take a wrong turn?  How did we get here?!

In the distance, I hear the blare of the herdsman's horn!  We will go that way!  Listen.  There it is again.  Go that way, toward safety and shelter and security!  O, the tone of that ram's horn!  So familiar. So unforgettable.  So faithful!  Run to that saving sound!  Everybody, listen for the shofar!  Mashiach messages!  The Saviour is sounding our salvation!





No comments: