Friday, March 4, 2016

BROKEN LEGS


BROKEN LEGS

“This is really a pile of crap – all I did was take a few things, and now they are taking my life?!  Is this really fair, by any stretch of the imagination?  Come on now!  Let’s get real.”
 

“Enough.  Your whining is not helping.  We are here to die.  We deserve it.  But, this other fellow?  The crowd is more upset with him than with either of us, even both of us put together?!”
 

“Hey, preacher man!  Yeah, you, ‘miracle-man’ – how about a little miracle for us?!  Get us out of this god-forsaken mess!  No?  I thought not.  You are just another lazy liar…”
 

“Sir, I can hear what the crowd is sneering about.  Somehow, I believe you can and will reign?!  Maybe there is a place for a soul like me in your kingdom?  Don’t forget about me, please?”
 

(weakly smiling)  “You will be with me! Today!  In Paradise!  Just believe!”
 

“Holy shit!  Not our legs!  Don’t break our legs!  No!  O-o-o-w-w-w!  No, not the other one too!  O-o-o-w-w-w!  Damn you!  You just broke my legs, both of them!  With a hammer!  You just swung and took out my legs?!  Barbarians!”
 

(prayerfully)  “My new friend, Jesus, you are already gone.  But, you have come through with your promise!  I will not hang here for days, suffering in agony and suffocating!  Shortly, I will be with you!  Like this darkened sun, I will close my eyes and joyfully open them in the morning, in glory!”
 

Two men.  Two pairs of legs broken.  Two perspectives.  Two attitudes.  Two reactions.  Two results.
 

Many things in life get broken – promises, hearts, homes, opportunities, career-paths, character, confidence, … but, through it all, He is still in control.  How should one react to things broken?  Just believe!

No comments: