Wednesday, May 12, 2021

HINDRANCES

 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

Hebrews 12:1 NIV


What holds you back? What hinders you? What cripples you? What limits you? What stunts you?


I read of spiritual giants, men and women who walk with God, so closely, so intimately, so faithfully ... and I then look back at my life, at my progress, at my reversals, at my ...


Do you not despise the devil for selling you such a pig in a poke? You have been given a bill of sale for nothing. It's worse than nothing, it is poison.   He puts an ad before you, but the picture is a lie.  But, one buys it, only to be disgusted after a few bites, then nauseated!  Instead of hiking upwards, one is barfing behind a bush.


One can never sit on the ridge enjoying the vista ... if he keeps dawdling and detouring ...


What needs to be discarded?  What needs to be emphasized?  What needs to be prioritized?


Stop looking behind.

Stop looking around.

Look upward!

No comments: