Tuesday, September 20, 2016

MOTEL FIRE


MOTEL FIRE

I stood in horror watching the smoke-filled motel begin to erupt into flames.  There was confusion in the faces of those running in all different directions, looking for an exit.  You could see fear gripping the hearts of some, cowering in defeat in a dead-end corridor.  Panic was everywhere.  Yet, unbelievably, some were dancing in the halls having a “smoke party” like some sort of hurricane-party or something.  Bizarre!?

 

I remember One, running through the motel yelling, “Get out!  Get out!”  Often, He screamed over the sirens, “You – get out, and take them with you!”  Down the halls He ran, beating on doors, pleading, “Wake up! Get out!”  To the partying lunatics, he begged, “…what’s the matter with you?  This is no party!  It’s a REAL fire?  Get out!”  They just danced on in some sort of drugged stupor of disbelief.

 

I began to help some who joined in on the evacuation effort.  Others laughed and just went back to sleep.  Many, confused by the smoke, froze, not knowing what to do.  And, I swear, some were spreading the fire?!

 

To the end, One stood at the exit, yelling, “Come to me!  I am the way out!”  Then, the hellacious flames took Him, sucking Him into the Abyss.  All seemed lost.  Then, unbelievably, out of the ashes, He arose, like some sort of phoenix, like some Tolkien eagle, calling to us, “…fly away with me…fly away with me!...”



No comments: