Saturday, March 8, 2014

BETTER THAN YOU



Better Than You


Sometimes, I get really tired of the chatter.  I hear it everywhere:  work, church, family gatherings, the gym… 


“I’m better than you… I am not …

...black

...a redneck

...a contractor

...a female

...trashy

...lazy

...ugly
 
...stupid

on and on it goes!



“The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank thee that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.” Luke 18:11



I am glad I am not so arrogant.  oops. Sometimes I hear it coming out of my own mouth. 


God, have mercy on us!



“For by the grace given to me I bid every one among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith which God has assigned him.”  Romans 12:3


“Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
  

No comments: