Sunday, November 13, 2011

TERMITES IN THE TEMPLE


TERMITES IN THE TEMPLE
 
Why would a man continue to smoke and drink after nearly dying?
One cigarette seems harmless enough.  One drink hurts little.
But, over a lifetime of abuse, taste is dulled and wind shortened.
The joy of life has been robbed by the polluted pleasures given.
It makes no sense that one cannot see this happening.
Then, I stop to consider the little “cigs” in my life.
What bad little habits are robbing me of the abundant life?  What “termites” are slowly, but surely, undermining and destroying the life God had planned for me?  A little here and a little there and a lifetime has been wasted.  What might have been will never be realized.


Thinks on things above …

 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. (1Cor.3:10-15)

sin can be so insidious, so subtle, so sneaky, so saturating, so ...

we can seemingly get away with it for years, but it is eating a hole in our hearts, in our mind, in  our soul.  it is frightening what can be going on under the surface, undetected, but destruction that is untold in its magnitude.


I have to wonder how my heart responds incorrectly to my world because of the sin that infects me.  I have to wonder how my thought processes are distorted because of sin that has crept into my life, or worse, I have invited.  One begins to rationalize, excuse, redefine, ...


It reminds me of cancer.  So many people are in the latter stages of the disease before they are even aware of the problem.


Let us regularly go the the great Physician for checkups and for the meds we so desperately need! 

No comments: