Sometimes, as of late, I sit reminiscing and musing about where seven decades have gone so quickly. Have I made a difference? Did it really matter? Was I at least a faithful "one talent man"? Will I hear "well done good and faithful servant!"?
Many times lately I look back over my life and see many good things. I like to itemize them, all to the glory of God! I hear some people say some good things about old Jerry. I do wonder if they knew me better they might say something different?! No doubt, we all have our faults. We all have our failures.
But there's a big difference between a failure and a fake! With God's help, I get back up. I come back. I rejoin the fight.
As I begin this 7th decade I wonder what I can do. I'm not St. George, but, the Dragon still roars. If nothing else I can be a gadfly that distracts the dragon from his devilish plans for at least a little while?! Go for the eyes!
Or, the Lord may use me as a stinging hornet?! With everything I have I will torture that old dragon! I will make enough noise that others can be warned away from him. And, just perhaps some younger knight of the Cross will sink his lance into that old Liar?! With his sword he will lop off his head for another generation's sake?! He must be vanquished every generation, even though "it is finished"! The hellish thing flops around refusing to die. But, the forces of the Light will win!
Philippians 3:12-14 ESV
[12] Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. [13] Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, [14] I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 ESV
[7] I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. [8] Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.



No comments:
Post a Comment